Monday, March 1, 2010

Yummy Birthday Presents




My birthday was this weekend and one of my friends brought me fresh eggs from his chickens as a birthday present. The eggs came in the six-pack box for "Farmer's Friend" Ale. My husband is angry because this friend was supposed to keep his backyard chickens a secret from me, but really it's only a matter of time before I start a chicken coop in the backyard. Anyhow, I cannot wait to put the eggs to use in the kitchen. I'm thinking eggs benedict, with smoked salmon instead of ham. Yum! Only I am the only one in the house who likes eggs benedict. My daughter has never had fresh eggs like this, maybe she will like them better than grocery store eggs. Even though I get only organic, vegetarian fed, cage free, eggs that are as local as I can get, it's still not the same as eggs harvested the day before from chickens who I know are happy and living real chicken lives.

1 comment: